Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I am (still) here.

I have arrived in the land where everything is possible. Where you can make all your dreams come true. Where take- out and dining out is cheap, there's is an awesome clothing outlet in every corner, and where the history of bacon has it's own show on History Channel. And where you can be detained for hours by the border patrol if you come here too often. Sweet.

It is now Tuesday and I've successfully slept for 7+ hours and managed to eat some breakfast (toast and coffee). I also managed to drop one of my slices of toast, buttered and all on the hallway carpet. Yes, this is also the country that loves broadloom carpets. And ours now smell like butter. But hey, the fridge smells like fish too, and most of the time the entire apartment smells like eggs. Did I mention I live with three guys? Yep. The shower smells like oranges though. I happen to have a very awesome boyfriend who scrubbed every inch of that shower yesterday. So this country does have it's positive aspects. Orange smelling cleanser just so happens to be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment