Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Come as you are.

This is the last day that I can just completely ignore my work load. Don't get my wrong, I still don't feel 100% back to normal, and I'm not that close to my deadline, so it's all good.. but I feel the need to get back on track and listening to a few online lectures and reading isn't that tough to do. Only I've been feeling way too bad to actually been able to do it up until now.

People sometimes ask me how I can take online classes - how do I get anything done and how do I learn anything? Well, first of all - I am an extremely easy learner. To the extent where I sometimes just.. don't do stuff just because I know that would be able to do it if I wanted to, but I don't want to. Does that make sense? For example, I go a C in Math in High School. Math is not my strongest side, I just don't find it interesting at all. I got a C by simply not opening the book, or even completing all the assignments and exams. I'm not even sure I went to all the classes. I know for sure that I could've gotten a B or an A if I just wanted to, but I didn't. I wasn't interested.

I am also very disciplined. If something needs to get done, I'll get it done. And I love the feeling of finishing something early, so I can have a few days off. And the thought of that makes me put a little more pressure on myself. And it works for me.

My next deadline for my online classes are; quiz on February 8th. I have to watch three lectures and finish the other half of a book. I'm watching two of the lectures tomorrow. For my program I have a paper due on March 5th, but since I'll be travelling that weekend it needs to be done by March 2nd. I have to finish a book (half way through it), research an organization and write a 3000 word essay. So it's not like I'm sweating. But I like to stay on top of things. To be honest; I'll probably have most of this done by the end of next week. 'Cause that's how I roll.

(and yes, I am full of myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment